When the HPLHS was first formed in the 1980s, we offered members cool certificates and membership cards. We abandoned issuing "official membership" in the society in the 1990s. But we are once again open for membership and have members all over the world. We now offer both Annual
and Lifetime Memberships
. Already a member? Membership Upgrades
are available below.
All members get a custom printed Membership Certificate (8"x10", suitable for framing) and a customized membership card, both of which declare your official membership in the HPLHS. get a custom printed Membership Certificate (8"x10", suitable for framing) and a customized membership card, both of which declare your official membership in the HPLHS.
But wait, there's more!
- All members get a 10% discount on any in-person sales from the HPLHS (when we're at conventions, film festivals, etc...)
- Members can opt-in to a Members Only portion of the HPLHS website where they can (if they choose) share their contact info with other HPLHS members. This feature coming soon.
- Members can collect cool HPLHS issued stamps for their membership cards, which can unlock additional benefits (see Membership Policies below)
- The Members Only area of the HPLHS website will provide free downloads, sneak previews, and other goodies only for members of the HPLHS
- Members will know their involvement helps support the HPLHS in its many strange ventures to promote the works of H.P. Lovecraft
Annual Memberships are valid for one year only. However, when the year is up, you can renew for just $5. If you have bought $50 or more in HPLHS products during your year of membership, you'll be eligible for a free renewal. Either way, you'll get a new sticker from us indicating your membership is valid for another year. Annual members get a nifty tri-fold membership card that fits into a standard business card space in your wallet.
Lifetime Members will receive a membership certificate with a special gold foil stamp of H.P. Lovecraft. They also receive our new deluxe passport-style membership card. A lovely Shoggohyde wallet embossed with great Cthulhu's head contains a larger, stitched membership booklet with plenty of room for stamps. Best of all, lifetime members do not need to renew their memberships every year - instead, we mail them a new membership stamp each year on the anniversary of their joining. (Please note, the "lifetime" in question is the lifetime of the HPLHS, which may or may not exceed your lifetime - for details see the link to Membership Policies below.)
Already a member? Any annual member in good standing can upgrade their existing membership to a Lifetime Membership for just $60. If your membership has lapsed, you can still upgrade to a Lifetime Membership for $75. If you have never been a member, these special upgrades do not apply.
We ask all prospective members to take a moment to read our Membership Policies here, then join the HP Lovecraft Historical Society today!